• Gagetown – provisions and showers available as well as overnight docking and fuel. Pubs, restaurants, etc. – nice walkabout if you need to get off the boat for a while. Nightly rates on docks $25-$60 depending on length. Moorings are $25 nightly. Contact 488-1992 or VHF channel 68
• Oromocto Boat Club–great marina-friendly and good service. Fuel and ice available on docks. Showers, Laundromat within walking distance – all amenities including Hospital, Sobeys, Superstore, Canadian Tire and Liquor store, restaurants etc within a short cab ride. Overnight docking can be arranged. Cost for dockage is $40 per night incl tax up to 40 ft. After 40 ft $1.50 per ft. call VHF channel 68 or reserve on their website oromoctoboatclub.ca
• Middle Island – near Oromocto – nice sandy beach (it is a big sandbar with pools of water) you can anchor out – great for swimming – be careful-lots of current except near shore. Good anchorage-you can stay overnight depending on weather. Good bass fishing.
• Grand Lake – Douglas Harbour-taken over by Fredericton Yacht Club. They have guest moorings for around $12 (last year’s price) nice showers and screened in common area – great for kids (of all ages 🙂 needing power and time off the boat for techno toys on a rainy day. Good fishing off the public wharf.Hunters One Stop General Store 385-2292 (that is where you pay for your mooring and get a key for the showers and screened in area) is within walking distance – a small General store including gas, ice cream, fireworks, liquor and junk food next door. They have fuel but you have to jerry-can by tender. Great sailing on the lake – also – you can nose-in on Grand Point if the water is not too high for great swimming.
• Washdamoak Lake -Nice public wharfs in the lake itself and anchorage at Big Cove. Great swimming and sailing. Beautiful!
• Colwells Creek- Situated at the mouth of Washdamoak Lake has a nice public wharf and good anchorage. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. A short walk up the highway can get you some wonderful German made sausages from Elke’s except on Saturday morning as they are at the Fredericton market. You may need to walk to the highway for cellular coverage.
• Evandale Resort– near the mouth of Bellisle call 468-2222.They have fuel overnight docks available at $1 per foot – extra for electricity, a pool and showers. Rooms start at $139 per night.
• Bellisle-no Marina or fuel – what was Bellisle Marina now looks like a war zone. Good anchorage available in many places. George & Rheal have a mooring in Jenkins Cove – there is also good anchorage and shelter in Jenkins. Dwight Allaby has a mooring in Erb’s cove –contact Dwight directly. Limited cellular coverage – beautiful scenery.