In preparation for the Tropical Storm Arthur you should do the following if you have a boat in the mooring field:
1) Check your headlines today. Make sure that you have chafing gear installed where the line passes through the fairlead. Check the attachment to the chain.
2) Remove Items from the deck. Dodgers, Biminis, Life rings, boathooks, Lines and ropes. In other words if there is something on the deck of your boat that you would like to keep …. remove it.
3) Be sure that roller furling headsails have several turns of line around them and that the furling line is securely cleated. Or remove the headsail. Securely lash the main sail so that nothing can flap. Or remove the main sail.
4) Make sure helm is lashed amidships
5) Remove your dinghy from the water to the grass area by the club house. Expect that the river will rise approx 4 feet. Do not leave it on the dinghy dock or on the beach area.